The person who educates dogs according to the standard of living of their owners and ensures that they are compatible with them is called a dog trainer. The dog trainer acts in accordance with the principles under the general aegis of the company in which he is. Effectively uses tools and equipment. He educates dogs according to the wishes of their owners in compliance with occupational health and safety rules.
What does a dog trainer do, what are his tasks?
The dog trainer works in accordance with the general framework of the company, taking into account the factors of worker health, occupational safety and environmental protection. Apart from all this, the duties that must be fulfilled are:
- To determine the wishes and purpose of the dog owner,
- As part of basic obedience training, ensuring that the dog obeys the word of the owner,
- As part of advanced obedience training, training the dog to walk off-leash and obey commands,
- If the dog has a psychological problem, correct this problem,
- Modifying or correcting unwanted behaviors in dogs,
- Teach the dog commands with audible and silent signals,
- If there is no potty training, potty train the dog,
- Choosing the appropriate training method for puppies, young and adult dogs,
- Provide personal protection training to dogs it deems suitable for protection training,
- Increase the dog’s motivation by using different game and reward tools,
- Give the dog protective field training to protect places such as the home and workplace
- Give training such as attacking the calm dog, attacking the aggressive dog on command,
- To provide support training,
- Regularly participate in courses and seminars on canine education and training,
- Follow developments in their professional field and apply them in their own work.
We can list the trainings provided by dog trainers as follows;
- dog toilet
- game training
- view tutorials
- Area protection
- protective guard
- actor hunt
- Aggressive and rehabilitation
- puppy hunt
- special training
How to become a dog trainer
Anyone with a primary school education can apply for dog trainer training at many dog training centers.
Dog Trainer Salaries 2022
2022 dog trainers can work in private or public organizations. For this reason, their salaries vary a lot. Salaries for dog trainers vary between 5,400 TL and 20,000 TL per month.