“Pet parents know their summer plans are more fulfilling when they take their furry friends with them on their travels,” says Kristin Shane, senior vice president and director of merchandising for PetSmart. “Whether you’re playing in your backyard or hiking in the great outdoors, Arcadia Trail has all the gear and supplies pets and parents need to go on adventures together this summer.”
New Arcadia trail offerings
Arcadia Trail was launched in 2020 based on customer feedback and trends showing that pet owners are looking to include pets in their outdoor adventures. To further illustrate pet parents’ interest in exploring with their furry companions, PetSmart recently conducted a customer survey which found that 66% of pet parents think it is “very important” to have the right equipment for travel or outdoor activities.*
Arcadia Trail, one of more than 20 exclusive PetSmart brands, offers products that are durable and tough enough for all activities, including camping, hiking, and water play. New Arcadia Trail 2022 items include a shade tent for doga inflatable dog beda raised baby beda sleeping baga high visibility life jacket, water friendly dog toys, and more. With the full line of Arcadia Trail, PetSmart has everything pet parents need to include their pets more safely in their summer adventures. Discover all summer products, including the Arcadia Trail collection, on Petsmart.com.
At the store “Summer Demo Days“
Whether it’s hitting the trail or lounging by the pool, first-time adventurers and seasoned pros alike are wondering what gear they need to make sure their dog can be part of the summer fun. . That’s why PetSmart hosts “Summer Demo Days“with knowledgeable associates on hand to answer pet owners’ questions and help them find the right products – from harnesses and life jackets to sunscreen and flea and tick treatment. PetSmart”Summer Demo Days” will take place June 11-12 and 18-19. Appointments are required for the free event. Learn more and program a one-on-one meeting with a PetSmart associate by visiting Petsmart.com/SummerDemoDays.
Outdoor Adventure Tips
Having the right gear is essential for any outdoor activity. These tips from the experts at PetSmart will ensure that pet parents and their furry friends are fully prepared for a safe and enjoyable experience:
- Be environmentally friendly. Keep pets on trails or in designated areas and follow leash rules. Bring bags of pet waste and always clean up after your pup, taking away whatever you brought.
- Keep your pet on a leash. Always make sure your dog is on a leash and wearing a properly fitted and durable collar or harness, such as the Arcadia Trail Stretch Dog Harness with Backpack. Make sure your pet has an ID tag and a microchip in case you get separated.
- Go at your pet’s pace. If your dog is not accustomed to outdoor adventures, be aware of how much energy an activity like swimming or hiking may take from him and watch closely for any signs of distress, including panting, shaking, drool, vomit or collapse.
- Keep your pet hydrated and fed. the Arcadia Trail 2-in-1 Travel Water Bottle facilitates your dog’s water breaks, and the Arcadia Trail Waste Bag Dispenser and Treat Tote can carry snacks and food to ensure your dog has the necessary fuel and energy.
- Pets also get sunburn. Protect your dog from the sun with the Arcadia Trail Outdoor Ultimate Shade with Front Canopy and apply pet-safe sunscreen to their nose, ears, and other areas where their coat does not cover skin.
- Bring a first aid kit. Even a human kit will have most of the supplies you and your pet would likely need for cuts, bruises, or abrasions.
- Keep insects away. Keep pesky fleas and ticks away by ensuring pets are up-to-date on all medications or wear appropriate prevention collars that can repel these insects. It’s also important to have your dog on heartworm preventative treatment all year round, but especially in the summer, as this disease is transmitted by mosquitoes, which are more active in the warmer months.
- Check vaccines. Speak with your veterinarian to make sure your dog is up to date on all vaccinations that can protect him when outdoors, including rabies, distemper, and the Lyme disease vaccination, which is transmitted by ticks.
*SOURCE: PetSmart Consumer Insights and Market Research 2022
PetSmart LLC is the largest retailer of specialty pet services and solutions for the lifelong needs of pets. At PetSmart, we love pets and believe that pets make us better people. Every day, with every connection, the passionate associates of PetSmart help bring pet owners closer to their pets so that together they can live more fulfilling lives. This vision impacts everything we do for our customers, how we support our associates and how we give back to our communities.
PetSmart operates approximately 1,660 pet stores in United States, Canada and Porto Ricoas well as more than 200 PetSmart PetsHotel in store® pensions for dogs and cats. The retailer offers a wide range of pet foods and products at competitive prices, as well as services such as dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day Camp™ and pet adoption. PetSmart, PetSmart Charities® and PetSmart charities® of Canada working with nearly 4,000 animal welfare organizations to bring adoptable pets to stores so they have the best possible chance of finding forever homes. Through this in-store adoption program and other signature events, PetSmart has facilitated 10 million adoptions, more than any other physical organization.